Subject: FW: WEF Invitation for H.E. Ms Liisa-Ly Pakosta: Inaugural meeting of the Leaders for European Growth and Competitiveness
From: "Justiits- ja Digiministeerium" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2025 08:16:00 +0300

From: Mirjam Loertscher <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2025 12:43 PM
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: Rein Oidekivi - JUSTDIGI <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Riia Salsa <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: WEF Invitation for H.E. Ms Liisa-Ly Pakosta: Inaugural meeting of 
the Leaders for European Growth and Competitiveness

Tere!

Edastan Ministrile kutse liitumiseks Maailma Majandusfoorumi (WEF) uue 
kõrgetasemelise kogukonnaga - Leaders for European Growth and 
Competitiveness – ning kutse avaüritusele, mis toimub 30. juunist 1. juulini 
Berlaymontis, Brüsselis, Belgias.

Ajaline panus Ministrilt oleks osalemine avaüritusel (30. juuni – 1. juuli) 
ja osalemine füüsilisel/virtuaalsel sessioonil, mis toimub hiljem sel 
aastal.
Seejärel oleks ministeeriumil võimalik määrata madalamal tasemel 
kontaktisik, kes töötaks koos WEF-iga töövoos " Shaping the Intelligent Age 
workstream”.

Lisan Eesti ja WEFi seotuse taustainfoks, et WEFi Global Future Council 
kogukondades on liikmena sellel hooajal Nele Leosk - WEF Global Future 
Council on GovTech and Digital Public Infrastructure ja Kristi 
Vinter-Nemvalts - WEF Global Future Council on Human Capital Development. 
Jaanuaris osales välisminister Tsahkna WEFi majandusfoorumil Davosis ja 
möödunud nädalal valiti 
<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/erkki-keldo_ygl25-wef25-activity-7317935021644832769-J-Pr?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop&rcm=ACoAAAWnsQ0BNZ0MhEc462JPFqPFvFNeQDAmr2U> 
majandusminister Keldo WEFi Young Global Leaders class 2025 kogukonda.

Palun vastata Salvatore Frenile otse aga oleksin tänulik kui saaksin info 
Ministri osalemise/mitteosalemise kohta WEFi Leaders for European Growth and 
Competitiveness kogukonnas.

Lisaküsimuste korral vastan meeleldi.

Head soovid

Mirjam

Mirjam LOERTSCHER

Economic, Trade and Innovation Advisor

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia
Switzerland

Mob: +41 79 5 66 99 81

 <http://www.vm.ee/> www.vm.ee |  <https://twitter.com/MFAestonia> 
@MFAestonia

From: Salvatore Freni <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2025 11:05 AM
To: Mirjam Loertscher <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Invitation for H.E. Ms Liisa-Ly Pakosta: Inaugural meeting of the 
Leaders for European Growth and Competitiveness

Dear Mirjam,

I would like to share the attached official invitation for Minister Liisa-Ly 
Pakosta to join a new high-level community of the World Economic Forum, 
Leaders for European Growth and Competitiveness, as well as invite her to 
join the Inaugural Meeting, taking place on 30 June – 1 July at the 
Berlaymont in Brussels, Belgium.

The community brings together CEOs and c-suite executives along with 
Ministers and other leaders from civil society and academia to advance 
Europe’s competitiveness and growth agenda through 4 dedicated workstreams:

*	Clean and Competitive Energy and Industry
*	Leveraging Financial Markets
*	Enabling Strategic Alliances
*	Shaping the Intelligent Age

We are working closely with the European Commission on the overall community 
and the inaugural meeting, and expect several European Commissioners to be 
in attendance.

The time commitment for the Minister’s involvement in the community would be 
1) participation in the inaugural meeting (30 June – 1 July), and 2) 
participation in a physical/virtual session at another point later in the 
year.

Your Ministry could then appoint someone at a lower level to work with us on 
the Shaping the Intelligent Age workstream, which seeks to 1) improve the 
framework conditions for startups and innovative businesses to scale across 
the European economy, 2) increase investment and R&D in critical 
technologies to strengthen Europe’s innovative and competitive edge, 3) 
accelerate the development and adoption of key emerging technologies such as 
AI. This working-level person would participate in virtual and physical 
meetings, representing the Minister and the Ministry’s views on these topics 
and working alongside other EU member states and businesses which are part 
of the community.

You may find the invitation and concept note attached. We hope the Minister 
will be able to join us in this initiative and please do not hesitate to 
reach out regarding any questions.

Best,

Salvatore

Salvatore Freni
Community Lead, Europe and Eurasia

Centre for Regions, Trade and Geopolitics (CRTG)

World Economic Forum
91-93 Route de la Capite
CH-1223 Cologny/Geneva, Switzerland
Mobile: +41 79 953 46 74
 <http://www.weforum.org/> www.weforum.org
Follow us: 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/worldeconomicforum/__;!!Im8kQaqBCw!oKgI6XAq9QM19nde4qlVJ7X2iEOkzEUP4K_kT_BRUJ38DFxG0w-Md5f7V_tXXBTWP4Wcs9Yfv0nVaNRdVUzocgfDgc0Jp5U$> 
Facebook | 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/wef__;!!Im8kQaqBCw!oKgI6XAq9QM19nde4qlVJ7X2iEOkzEUP4K_kT_BRUJ38DFxG0w-Md5f7V_tXXBTWP4Wcs9Yfv0nVaNRdVUzocgfDLmIVb-Y$> 
Twitter | 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.linkedin.com/company/world-economic-forum/__;!!Im8kQaqBCw!oKgI6XAq9QM19nde4qlVJ7X2iEOkzEUP4K_kT_BRUJ38DFxG0w-Md5f7V_tXXBTWP4Wcs9Yfv0nVaNRdVUzocgfDFuBG6oQ$> 
LinkedIn | 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.tiktok.com/@worldeconomicforum__;!!Im8kQaqBCw!oKgI6XAq9QM19nde4qlVJ7X2iEOkzEUP4K_kT_BRUJ38DFxG0w-Md5f7V_tXXBTWP4Wcs9Yfv0nVaNRdVUzocgfDTGPD1Dk$> 
TikTok | 
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.instagram.com/worldeconomicforum/__;!!Im8kQaqBCw!oKgI6XAq9QM19nde4qlVJ7X2iEOkzEUP4K_kT_BRUJ38DFxG0w-Md5f7V_tXXBTWP4Wcs9Yfv0nVaNRdVUzocgfDWP5CPXQ$> 
Instagram